La Liga and Ligue 1 31 January 2023

No La Liga bets. I’m going to be reluctant to bet on this league given I’m green for the other three (Dec-Jan saw no Bundesliga bets) but La Liga was so red it narrowly tipped me into red overall for that period. Little irked as about half the bets were one goal from green and any single one of them would’ve made the difference, but that’s the rub of the green.


In Ligue 1, I’ve laid Lille to win at home versus Clermont at 1.56. The reason is that they’re highly similar in league position, and Lille have lost or drawn three of their last five matches (Clermont drew their last match and previously has three consecutive wins).

I’ve also backed the Rennes versus Strasbourg match to have over 2.5 goals at 1.91. This has occurred in 80% of Rennes’ home matches to date and Strasbourg has scored in all but one of their away matches. Not certain, of course, but I think worth backing.


So, alas, Dec-Jan is the first red period of this season, although only by a small margin (red to the tune of about one stake).


Morris Dancer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

F1 2014 - Second and Third Tests

America: pre-race

Japan: early discussion