Football 2022-23 Season Review

Not going to try and post comprehensive results for the 2022-23 football season, the first time I’ve tried seriously to cover football. This is because I lost half the results, from pre-November, when my computer decided to temporarily die.

Aggravating, but here’s what I remember. At the start, I was betting on five leagues: the EPL, Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga, and Bundesliga. At the time of computer woe, the EPL was super green, about 30 stakes positive, while the Bundesliga was ultra-red (almost everything had failed). I believe the other three were very slightly green, or perhaps just dipping into the red.

I dropped both the Bundesliga and La Liga in February and March, respectively. The Bundesliga was also woeful, so I think my odds window was wrongly calibrated. For La Liga, it’s possible a persistent string of bad results was misfortune rather than than misjudgement (lack of experience makes it hard to be sure). I did have about four reds in a row that were each one goal from green.

From December to June, rough figures for the leagues are as follows (cumulative results):

EPL – up five stakes

Serie A – up two and a half stakes

La Liga – down nine stakes

Bundesliga – down three stakes

Ligue 1 – up 12 stakes

I do feel I had some misfortune lately with the EPL, and perhaps some good luck with Ligue 1, so it probably evens out. Overall, I’m ahead. Given my knowledge of football is minimal, I’m relatively pleased.

At the moment, I’m planning to continue betting on the three leagues (EPL, Ligue 1, Serie A) and perhaps return to La Liga next season.


Morris Dancer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

F1 2014 - Second and Third Tests

America: pre-race

Japan: early discussion